Blogs Merged

To my dearest lovely readers,


Thank you so much for reading this blog from time to time. Just want to inform you all that I have moved all the blog posts here towww.josarine.com and I will be updating my beauty related blog posts there from today on wards as I am not able to maintain 2 blogs.

Thanks again for your support! :)

<3.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Maybelline Falsies Mascara Review



I bought this mascara quite a while ago, but I wanted to use it a few times first before I review it. When I first saw this, I was curious if I could actually use this mascara to replace with the REAL fake lashes. I saw make up artists from YouTube using it, and she says that she loves it, however she did not make it look like a fake lash. In fact in some videos she applied the fake lash, then applied the mascara, so I was misled a little thinking that this mascara was mainly for those who wears fake lashes. I did more research on it, and got my answer from Nuffnang's owner's fiance's blog. It is supposed to replace the uncomfortable and trouble some fake eye lashes. 

 

My eye lash without anything, but I did curl it.









I applied four times (application) as I want that really long fake eye lashes kind of look. Four times meaning I put the brush back into the tube, and take it out again, and applyOne time or first time means newly taken out from the tube. 


In this picture, it was the first application of the mascara









2nd Application





3rd Application








Can you see the difference? Can you see which eye is the one with mascara? Honestly it may not be obvious here, but when I look into the mirror it is more obvious than this. 


4th Application



Lets compare with the Maybelline Magnum Volume Express.



 
The brush is slightly thinner compared to the Falsies.

My left eye, nothing on just curled up.




So this is how it looks after 4 applications of the Magnum. I noticed that I could not apply anymore as it will feel heavy and a little rough. 



The actual fake lashes.





Conclusion? The Maybelline Falsies is definitely not a replacement for the actual fake lashes, because no matter how many times you apply, it will never be as long as the fake lashes. If it did, it's possibly because your lashes are already naturally long. 

Pros
1. Softer texture and feel if compared to other Maybelline Mascara's.
2. Smudge Proof
3. No discomfort. not for me at least, as the Magnum has a little discomfort for me.

Cons:
1. Difficult to remove
2. Does not reach up to create volume for my lashes.

It is a pretty decent mascara for normal use. 

Rate: 3/5
Would I repurchase?: Maybe, but not anytime soon, feel like trying other mascaras from other brands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Details

Hi ladies! Welcome to Beauty Sanctuary. Please do check out my lifestyle blog here.

My lifestyle blog includes:
- Food Reviews
- Events
- Movie Reviews
- Wine Reviews
- Random videos that are interesting.


Cheers!
joanna.cwm@gmail.com